Sometimes you read something and you just KNOW it has to be read by everyone you know. Here’s one of those things for me… It’s an excerpt from a blog post by Perry Noble, pastor of NewSpring Church in South Carolina.
But before you read it, make sure your perspective is prepared to shift…
What if there was a cancer center that had the cure for cancer? And…you discovered that you had the disease? And….someone told you about the cancer center…so you went there, received treatment and were cured!!!
How would you respond?
- Would you simply be content with going back to that cancer center once a week (or month, whenever you happened to find the time) and sing some songs about the healing you received?
- Would you want to dive into the complexities of the ingredients that were used in your cure and try your best to form an opinion and debate with others who had been healed of that disease?
- Would you be ok with after you were cured that NO ONE ELSE was ever cured at “your cancer curing center” because you simply wanted to become a bunch of former cancer patients who were obsessed with your own healing, forgetting what it was like to actually have the disease and forgetting those outside the walls that still desperately needed to be cured?
- Would you pass by hundreds and thousands of cancer patients in your lifetime, looking down on them and feeling superior to them because you don’t have cancer anymore but they do?
- Would you find other cancer centers that are actually still being used to cure people and try your best to attack and discredit those cancer centers?
No one with a compassionate bone in their body would even THINK of doing the scenarios listed above if they have had cancer, been healed and knew others who needed that same healing…and if people DID respond like the scenarios above we would call them cruel, rude, inconsiderate and ungoldy…
Yet in church, chances are we would call them normal!
Reality is that if you are in Christ then you were cured of something WAY worse than cancer!!! AND there are BILLIONS on this planet that need that same cure…let’s go get them!!!
For some reason when a large hospital is built people applaud…but when a large church is built people get mad. I am simply asking…which one does more good when it comes to the perspective of eternity?