Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act. Do not say to your neighbor, “Come back tomorrow and I’ll give it to you” — when you already have it with you.
Imagine the possibilities if the Church embraced that concept. And not just your “church” but the Church around the world…
Millions of people seeing needs and filling them…
Millions of people seeing problems and fixing them…
Millions of people seeing opportunities and taking them…
- Yards spontaneously being mowed.
- Water spontaneously being given.
- Bellies spontaneously being filled.
- Encouragement spontaneously being spoken.
- Elderly spontaneously being visited.
- Homes spontaneously being painted.
- Cities spontaneously being assisted.
The goal is always to pass along Jesus. Always. In every act.
But the truth is… A hurting culture will best listen to a spiritual solution when they know you’re willing to be a physical solution. Today.
Take time out of your schedule, skip a planned event or change an appointment if you have to. Build a reputation for being concerned with today’s problems and you’ll gain the right to offer eternal solutions.