This morning, we celebrated 5 years of Reset! The time has flown by and it’s been exciting to think about our growth over the past few years while dreaming of the next few years. As I’ve spent time praying and thinking about it, I’ve written down 5 lessons I’ve learned to share with you. I hope they impact you like they have me…
- God is with you…even if it doesn’t feel like it! There have definitely been days when it’s been hard to see God with us. But no matter how confusing or stressful things get, He’s always there, leading ahead of His people.
- God’s plans are infinitely bigger than my dreams! I’ve written in note pads, drawn on whiteboards and even scratched in the dirt to share the dreams I have for Reset. I’ve dreamed as big as I possibly can. And, yet, after 5 years, I realize… God’s been dreaming bigger than me all along. And for that I’m eternally grateful, ’cause His plans blow mine away.
- Holy patience is way better than my impatience! I am a “dream it today, do it tomorrow” kind of guy. It’s just the way I’m wired… A peculiar mix of impulsiveness, ambition and workaholism, I guess. But that’s not God. He’s thinking in terms of eternity while I’m thinking “work week.” And in terms of vision, there’s a whole lot more possible in an eternity than there is in 40 hours. Let God set the pace, walk through the doors He opens and be content in the time and place you’re in.
- Some things have to die before they can grow! People included. The easy way out seldom works. The pattern is consistently this… Sin. Rock Bottom. Salvation. Grow. Granted, some people’s “rock bottom” is a whole lot rockier and deeper than others, but that’s the pattern. The best growth happens after someone realizes their way isn’t working and God’s will. Sin without consequence rarely brings lasting change.
- The future WILL be better than the past! There will be hard days, there will be setbacks and there will be tears. But the experience of following God’s Voice for 5 years will make it easier to hear His Voice over the next 5 years. And THAT will make all the difference. The future WILL be better!