When you focus on your problems, you’ll fail to see your possibilities. Problems always block out potential and that’s just the way Satan wants it. Here’s 5 reasons to crack the darkness of pain and look to the hope that Jesus always brings:
1. Hope lightens the darkness. Matthew 4:16 – “…the people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.”
2. Hope is healing. Psalm 42:11 – “Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.”
3. Hope energizes the present. 1 Timothy 6:17 – “Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.”
4. Hope moves us forward. Philippians 3:13-14 – “…one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”
5. Hope is infectious. Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 – “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.”
Soma is currently in the middle of a series called, “Redefining Normal,” where we’re being challenged to redefine “normal” faith, hope and love. You can listen to the messages at http://soma-church.com/soma-videos/soma-messages/redefining-normal-july-6-27/.