Wow! What a great weekend! We wrapped up our “One Body” series and I hope it was as powerful for you as it was for me. Here’s a wrap-up of my favorite moment from each weekend…
- The results start when you do. It’s easy to think about getting healthy, it’s hard work to actually start getting healthy. That’s why we challenged everyone to read the New Testament this month and we had a ton of people who celebrated completing it yesterday. Whatever God is calling you to do, remember…the results start when you start working the plan!
- Following Jesus is all about letting Him do work IN you so that He can do work THROUGH you. That’s why we spend time listening for God’s voice, breathing in His Spirit so we can breathe out His Will. Apart from His power, we’ll only ever have potential, so let’s release control and experience the full power of what He’s planned for us!
- You can’t un-sin…you can only re-pent. Satan wants us to spend all our time trying to sort out the mess he helped us make, but God calls us to walk away from it and re-pent…to let Him fix the mess. He’s the only one who can fix it anyway and He did just that through the cross and the resurrection, so give up trying to fix everything you’ve done and boldly walk forward into what you’re about to do!
- Whatever held you captive will always fight to keep you captive. But the great new is – you don’t have to fight the battle! God wants to come between you and the enemy and if we’ll let him, He’ll make sure that we never have to fight that battle again. Even more…while He’s fighting the battle, He’s parting the sea for you to walk through. He’s sending you on a new journey but He promises you’ll never walk alone!
- Let the victories of today become the foundation of tomorrow. In the future, when your children ask you…tell them how great God is! God’s vision for your future is that you reproduce yourself by discipling someone else, so quit hogging all the victories for yourself and start leveraging them for the next generation!
Like I said…it was an incredible month and our leaders are praying that God has been speaking to you just as clearly as He’s been speaking to us. We’re on this journey together and we can’t wait for the next step. In fact, we’ll be kicking off a brand-new series this coming Sunday called “The Generosity Experiment.” Throughout the next month, we’re going to be claiming this promise from 2 Corinthians 9:6: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows GENEROUSLY will also reap GENEROUSLY.
God is doing something amazing right here in Carl Junction and as we discover more and more of what His plan is, we know one thing…we want to reap a generous harvest, so this month let’s posture our hearts as a generous people!